The story starts in 1898 when Francesco Nicosia opened a wine shop in the village of Trecastagni on the eastern slope of Mt Etna. It was however nearly 100 years later when the Nicosia family would make their big entrepreneurial move. Under the guidance of Carmelo Nicosia, the family invested heavily in the vineyards and infrastructure, creating a winery that could live up to the pressures and demands of the modern world. Along Carmelo’s two sons Francesco and Graziano, agronomist Alessandro Lo Genco and enologist Maria Carella work towards continued innovation. Their most admirable work is perhaps in the vineyards where they pursue a philosophy of certified biologico vines.